Dog Park Rules
The Mt Washington Dog Park is located at the Community Sports Park located at 176 Parkview Avenue. It is located between Landis Lane and Flatlick Road.
Mt. Washington Community Dog Park Rules
It is very important that you and your dog follow the rules. These rules have been established to assure the safety of all dogs and dog owners who enter the dog parks.
1. Dogs and their owners must have completed the required documentation and provided up to date immunization records for their dog(s) to be allowed into the dog park. Visit www.mtwashingtonrec.com or call 502-251-4214 for information to complete this process. All dogs must have current Rabies, Distemper, Parvo, and Bordetella (Kennel Cough) vaccinations. A rabies tag must always be worn and displayed by all dogs and the dog handler is required to carry vaccination records. It is also recommended that dogs be on a flea and heartworm preventative medication. Mt. Washington Parks reserves the right to add additional required vaccinations in lieu of a threat to dogs, such as the canine flu.
2. Use the dog park at your own risk. The City of Mt. Washington or the Parks are NOT liable for any property, physical, or pet damage nor any injury occurring within the off-leash area. In addition, by using the dog park you are accepting responsibility for the actions of your dog(s) and yourself.
3. Owners may register up to four (4) dogs but may only handle two (2) inside the dog park at a time. Membership fees will be $35.00 a year for the first dog and $15.00 for each additional dog, up to four total dogs.
4. Dog Park is limited to 18 dogs at a time.
5. Owners are always legally responsible for the behavior of their dog(s).
6. Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the dog park.
7. Do not bring a dog into the dog park that you know to be ill with a viral infection or has any open wounds.
8. Dog Park is tobacco free.
9. Food (both human and dog or treats) and glass containers are not allowed inside the dog park. Please place all trash in the receptables prior to entering the dog park.
10. All owners or handlers must pick up waste left by their dog(s) immediately to ensure cleanliness and to avoid potential health risks. Failure to do so may result in loss of park privileges. Bags have been provided so please use them.
11. Owners must be within the dog park and supervising their dog with leash readily available.
12. Dog handlers must be at least 18 years of age.
13. Children under the age of 10 are not allowed in the dog park. Children over 10 years old must always be accompanied by an adult.
14. Dogs under four months of age are not permitted in the dog park. This is for their own safety as puppies under four months do not have a fully developed immune system and not properly completed a full program of vaccinations.
15. Female dogs in heat may not enter the dog park.
16. Aggressive dogs must be removed immediately.
17. Dogs should be under voice control.
18. Remove choke, spike, prong collars before play.
19. Owners must fill any holes that are created by their dog(s).
20. Mt. Washington Parks Department reserves the right to close the dog park for maintenance and repairs as needed.
21. A Dog Park committee designed to hear complaints of dog park rules or dog behavior will be established and consist of two (2) members from dog park, the Parks Director, a Veterinarian, and a member from City Council. The decisions made by this group are final and binding.
22. In the event of any dog park related complaint
23. Kentucky revised statutes section 258.235 states that “any owner whose dog is found to have caused damaged to a person or other property shall be responsible for that damage.” Dog bites must be reported immediately to the Mt. Washington Parks Department.